(EARLEIGH HEIGHTS, MD) – The Anne Arundel County Police, along with the Maryland State Police and other law enforcement agencies across the state, held their "National Night Out" on Tuesday, August 3, 2021.
Every year since 1984 National Night Out is observed on the first Tuesday in August in local communities to promote positive police-community partnerships and neighborhood comradery to make all neighborhoods safer places to live.
In neighborhoods across the state, from westernmost Garrett County, to Baltimore, to Southern Maryland and over to the Eastern Shore, residents and law enforcement officers will connect with conversations at cook outs, festivals, and community events.
The Maryland State Police participated Statewide:
- Annapolis Barrack – Troopers were at Fort Meade and downtown Annapolis
- Bel Air Barrack – Harford County Equestrian Center, 608 Tollgate Rd. Bel Air, Md.
- Berlin Barrack – Troopers were at the Sturgis Park, River St.., Snow Hill, Md., Dr. William Henry Park, 123 Flower St., Berlin, Md.
- Centreville Barrack – Centreville Lawyers Row, 102 N. Liberty St., Centreville, Md.
- College Park Barrack – Beckett Field, 8511 Legation Rd., New Carrollton, Md.; Allen Pond Park 3330 North View Dr. Bowie, Md.; Beltway Plaza (rear) 6000 Greenbelt Rd, Greenbelt, Md.; Lakeland Community Park, 5000 Lakeland Rd. College Park, Md.
- Cumberland Barrack – Bel Air Elementary School, 14401 Barton Blvd. SW, Cumberland, Md. 21502.
- Easton Barrack – Triangle Park, Hurlock, Md.; Secretary, Md. Park next to Town Hall
- Forestville Barrack – New Carrollton Police Department, Beckett Field, 8511 Legation Field, New Carrollton, Md. District Heights, 6417 Marlboro Pike, District Heights, Md.; 7007 Bock Rd. Fort Washington, Md.
- Frederick Barrack –Walkersville Fire Department, 79 W. Frederick St., Walkersville, Md., 21793; Lake Linganore Association, 6718 Coldstream Dr., New Market, Md. 21774,
- Glen Burnie Barrack – Earleigh Heights Fire Station, 161 Ritchie Hwy., Severna Park, Md., 10th Park, Brooklyn, Md.
- Golden Ring Barrack – Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 6517 Frederick Rd., Catonsville, Md.; White Marsh Volunteer Fire Company, 10331 Philadelphia Rd.
- Hagerstown Barrack – Byron Memorial Park, 11 Park Rd., Williamsport, Md., Widmyer Park, Hancock, Md.
- JFK Barrack – Harford County Equestrian Center, 608 N. Tollgate Rd. Bel Air, Md.
- La Plata Barrack – Waldorf Moose Lodge 4765 Crain Hwy., White Plains, Charles County, Md.
- Leonardtown Barrack – Troopers will participate alongside St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office personnel in numerous county-wide events.
- McHenry Barrack – Garrett County Fair, Garrett Highway, McHenry, Md. 21541
- North East Barrack – Main St., Rising Sun, Md; Meadow Park, Elkton. Md.
- Prince Frederick – Huntingtown Citizen’s Association, 4300 Hunting Creek Rd., Huntingtown, Md.; Patuxent Palisades Civic Association at 12000 Palisades Drive, Dunkirk, Md.; Prince Frederick Crossing, Thoroughbred Dr., Prince Frederick, Md.; Northeast Community Center, 3825 Gordon Stinnett Ave., Chesapeake Beach, Md.
- Princess Anne Barrack – Garland Hayward Center, 30660 Hampden Ave., Princess Anne, Md.; Somers Cove Marina, 715 Broadway Crisfield Md.
- Rockville Barrack – Troopers at various venues throughout Silver Spring.; Casey, Kentlands and Lakelands Community Centers, 485 Schiffely Sq Rd. Gaithersburg
- Salisbury Barrack – City of Salisbury Park Party, 521 South Park Dr., Salisbury, Md.; City of Fruitland Block Party, 208 South Division St., Fruitland, Md.; Delmar Hyde Park, Delmar, De.
- Waterloo Barrack – Main Event: East Columbia Library, 6600 Cradle Rock Way, Columbia, Md. 21045
- Westminster Barrack – New Windsor Fire Department, New Windsor, Md.; Sykesville Freedom District Fire Department, Sykesville, Md.; Mount Airy Volunteer Fore Company Carnival Grounds, 1008 Twin Arch Rd, Mt Airy, Md.
The Anne Arundel County Police held their NNO in four seperate locations that cover each of the four precincts throughout the county.